Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pumpkin Pie

It is impressive how much pumpkin I have in my house right now. I have eight pumpkins on my table, and several cans of pumpkin puree. Although I am incapable of cutting pumpkin pie, I do promise this pie is worth trying. 
The flavors of pumpkin and coconut marry nicely. So this cake has a very traditional flavor, the coconut is not over powering.

1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
1 (12 oz) can of coconut milk
2 eggs 
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I prefer to use 1/2 teaspoon, because I don't like cinnamon)
1 (9 inch) pie shell

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
Combine the eggs, pumpkin, sugar, salt, ginger, cloves,  and cinnamon in a bowl. Stir in the coconut milk (don't add more then 12 oz, otherwise the pie will not set properly)
Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350, and continue to bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. 


No comments:

Post a Comment